Tuesday 5 April 2011

And It Was Great!


So I've done my first session at the ART Studio, met the wonderful Ms Terri Walsh in person, was trained by her excellent Apprentice Helen.

I got it done and felt wonderful at the end.

Walking to the studio, I felt quite overwhelmed and wondered if, now that I was really here, I could really do this, but walking up the 111 stairs to the Studio Of Awesomeness, I knew I was prepared and that I would get through whatever she had planned for me.

We did a fitness assessment and took measurements and Terri gave me the low down on what to eat while in training.

You guessed it, no bread & pasta people... happily chocolate is quite alright. In moderation of course.

It was a great session going through the Technique Study, the program she had given me to do every day, with just a little extra cardio thrown in, okay, quite a lot of extra cardio.

As I've learned from running and triathlons, as long as you keep breathing you can keep going with cardio.
After 2 hours, I left feeling great and looking forward to Bootcamp in the morning.

Some observations of food here in America:
  • Nutritional panels don't give me the information I'm used to getting at home.
    All of the details here are based on serving size which, as we know varies between products.
    Australian panels have a 'per 100g' column allowing for like by like comparison between different products.
  • All the fat-free dairy here is strange to me. Our full-fat yoghurt doesn't have massive amounts of fat per 100g and the fat-free versions, which were mostly all I could find, looks & tastes weird and just confuses me; yoghurt shouldn't be confusing!
  • Having donuts and pastries delivered is not a service we have at home. Or really a service that helps anyone. Just sayin'.
Just Eat Real Food!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment