Sunday 17 April 2011

Farewell New York


New York is so much more than department stores and nightclubs Lindsay Lohan has fallen out of.

With the exception of one particular post office lady, the people here have been incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful to this slightly mad Australian wandering around the city with a smile on her face.

I may not have done all of the usual touristy things, in fact some of them are my worst nightmare (yes, Times Square, I mean you).

I have met interesting, real people, eaten the most delicious food, seen some amazingly beautiful art and had experiences I never could have imagined on a more traditional New York holiday.

My life, my possibilities and my capabilities are so much bigger now.

Thank you to all the people I've met on this trip, some just for a drink and a fun  time, some I think will be lifelong friends.

In order of appearance...

Lawrence & Dante at the Bowery Ballroom, Robert the Bike Guy, The Wonderful Terri Walsh & Helen Orenchak, Keith Walter & The Happy Bootcampers, The Lovely Sue, Alyssa & Gabrielle for the SNL info (I think), Rob Clayman, his friends James & Dominic, Chrisinda my bartender friend, Groovy JD & The Gorgeous Hannah, Eugene my pedal-bike tour guide, Frank (aka Random Subway Guy), Michael & Miss T (from Final Cut), Robert, James & Daniel, Melch & Gretchen (Sue's great friends) and finally Ben, who has inspired me on to my next Big Dream.

Thank you all and see you on the next trip!

I'm off to LA tomorrow morning so a couple of updates still to come before my travelling pants make it back to Oz.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment