Wednesday 20 April 2011

Goodbye LA, Hello Melbourne via Bris-Vegas


It's been fun staying with Josh at Marina Del Ray, he is a very relaxed host and his dog Tavi is such a sweetheart.

We went out last night with his friends Daniel and Adele, the adorably kooky French lady, whose fluffy hat-like-thing I am wearing in this picture.

First stop a cute little wine bar where the Zinfandel blend was rockin' and the asparagus, cheese & prosciutto platters were the perfect accompaniment.

Next we went to the Santa Monica Pier, just because.

The amusement park was just closing and I'm not sure why people has babies in prams out at midnight on  Tuesday, but okay.

Last stop a cheesy bar around the corner from Josh's street.
Beers all round and much hat swapping made for the end of a fun night.

This morning I had to get a workout in, so three rounds of Tech Study and then off to buy a Flip cam to record and upload workouts. Thanks for the recommendation Terri, it's awesome and I got a great deal with a price match and the fact the Flips aren't being made anymore.

This afternoon Josh dropped me at the Getty Museum, amused himself while I wandered around and picked me up again. Cleaning his kitchen and cooking dinner was a small price to pay for having someone drive me around LA. This place is spread out and hard to navigate, so I couldn't have done it otherwise.

However, that kitchen was naaasty!

So this is my penultimate post from the US of A.

I get on a plane in just under four hours and spend about 20 hours traveling home.

LA has been okay but I heart you New York.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment