Thursday 7 April 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes


My first serious training session with Helen at the studio was great and very challenging.
She's a great trainer and we get on really well.

Monday's session was Technique Study*, the exercises I've been doing daily in preparation for this trip, and although it was a lot, nothing I hadn't already done.

Yesterday was a little different and I really got a taste of what it's like to be a newbie again and put myself in my clients shoes.

Helen really worked me hard for two hours and although I had a banana during the workout (yes, I really did need to re-energise, thank you Terri for having healthy snacks on hand), I was completely drained at the end; somehow I thought going food shopping on the way home was a great idea and came home quite tired and emotional, needing to eat, rest and cry a little... okay a lot, which I did.

Note to self: take snacks to training, come straight home after training & eat quality protein immediately.
Do not deviate from this plan. For any reason at all.

After a snooze at the apartment I took myself out for dinner down one of the little streets across from the apartment and went for a drink on my way home just to be out and about with people.

I'm so glad I did because I met two lovely girls, Alyssa & Gabrielle; they are The Young People ie: 20-something, we started chatting, I asked what is interesting to do in the area, and Alyssa tells me she works for Saturday Night Live, one of my favourite shows and would I like to come to the after-party this weekend!

Bless her heart.

When I booked this trip in November, I was disappointed to learn that SNL tickets are on sale via email in August. That's it for the entire year's worth of shows, August.
But this is way better! :)

Hopefully it pans out and I'll definitely need a super-early night and a nanna-nap to get there as it's a live show that finishes about 1:30am; so I'll need to wake up around midnight just to make it.

Bootcamp was this morning so I spent the rest of the day travelling uptown to the Natural History Museum (where my camera broke) and wandered through Central Park to the Metropolitan Museum.

Now that jet-lag has finally been defeated, I have a better sense of what I'm doing with training and how my energy levels will be, this week is just getting better and there will defintely be more exploring this amazing city.

Hopefully I can get a new camera tomorrow and post more pics.

xxx

*Tech Study: Do This Everyday
10 Push ups then Straight Arm Plank x 3
Squats (elbows to knees) x 40
Lunges x 20 each leg
Squat Balance x 20
Plank, Lunge, Balance x 20
Kneeling Supermans x 20
Crunches x 20
Side Crunches x 20
Butt Lift Crunches x 20

You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment