Friday 15 April 2011

This Working Out Is Working Out


Tomorrow is my last training session. I have almost completed my mission, to come to New York and learn from someone I consider to be one of the best trainers on the planet.

When I became a fitness trainer three years ago, my classes were full of 20 year olds, the Young People as I like to call them, and I wondered how the hell they would deal with more life-experienced clients as they worked to gain experience in their careers.

I'm almost 40 and don't have time to spend 10 years getting that experience, so I want to learn from the best and for me that's Terri Walsh.

This trip has been amazing in so many ways, from the confirmation that I really am good at what I do, to the unexpected detours, random meetings and wonderful people I have encountered, I could not have asked for a more incredible New York experience.

My body shape has changed dramatically since doing the practice work Terri set me last year and as previously mentioned, no actual weight was lost, so when Terri measured me at the start of our training, I was slightly dubious that anything would change in the two weeks I was training, especially considering how much and what I have been eating.

So this morning when we did measurements again, the results shocked me... but in a good way.

I lost an inch (2.5cms) off my hips, a 1/4 inch (0.6cms) from my thighs, 3lbs (1.3kgs) and went from 13.6% body fat to 12%.

No change to my calves, upper and lower arm, which is good; I haven't got much to lose!

And given how much I've been enjoying New York food, the well-earned inch I added to my waist is no mystery.

I still heart you chopped liver.

So tonight I was out at a cute 'Irish Bar' called Lillie's, invited by a lovely English woman named Sue.

I met her while out to dinner at an Italian place in Ludlow street, with English Rob, and when she heard his accent, she sat down at our table.

Apparently they lived near each other in England, it was all very English and she invited us to her birthday party.

It was a lovely bunch of people, very chatty, lots of fun and a gaggle of gorgous gay boys.
I was restrained with the wine, obviously.

Best get to bed and rest up for my final session but for a Friday night on Delancey street, that's not easy.

I can't belive it's almost done and I have my final weekend in New York City.

Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment